"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High" Psalm 92:1


Psalm 92 

A Psalm, a Song, for the Sabbath day.
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High: 

To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,

Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.

For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.

O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.

A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.

When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

But thou, Lord, art most high for evermore.

For, lo, thine enemies, O Lord, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.

But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.

The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.

Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.

They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;

To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.
_______





"This is "A psalm, a song, for the sabbath day." Here the true Sabbath, the rest of God, is anticipated when man's restless toils are over. How suitable this song will then be needs no comment here. Blessing on earth follows judgment. Such is O.T. order. Those that follow to Ps. 100 hang on this title." 

William Kelly
From Notes on Psalms
Book 4








Great is Your Faithfulness (Psalm 92) - James Block - Published on Jul 30, 2014



Great Is Your Faithfulness

Great is Your faithfulness
I'm gonna sing of it when the night falls
When the dark calls
And when the day will break
I'm gonna sing again of Your love
Unfailing Love

Great is Your faithfulness
I'm gonna sing of it when the night falls
When the dark calls
And when the day will break
I'm gonna sing again of Your lovingkindness
Your lovingkindness

For You, oh ×™×”וה, made me glad
By all the works of Your hands
All the wonders of how You save us
How You keep every word

You are so high
So high they cannot see
Your thoughts are so deep
A fool cannot perceive
A fool cannot perceive

That You, oh ×™×”וה, made me glad
By all the works of Your hands
All the wonders of how You save us
How You keep every word

And the promise of how You'll help us
You'll be with us to the end
You are so high
So high they cannot see
Your thoughts are so deep
A fool cannot perceive

That You, oh ×™×”וה, made me glad
By all the works of Your hands
All the wonders of how You save us
How You keep every word


Great is Your Faithfulness (Psalm 92) 
Lyrics and Music by James Block 



Most Popular Posts

"And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground." Genesis 4:2

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matthew 22:37-40

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Romans 1:16-17

Other posts from the blog

"Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said." Matthew 28:5-6

"And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee." Psalm 39:7

"The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." Psalm 110:1

"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." Romans 8:37

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." Psalm 90:2

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

"They hated me without a cause." John 15:25

"It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself." 2 Timothy 2:19

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." John 13:34

_____________________

I'm a Christian saved by God, by His Sovereign grace. I want to encourage all to read, to hear, to believe, and to feed upon the only Words in all the world that are truly spirit and life, living and active; to know the One True God: God the Father, His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit; Who has graciously given us the Holy Scriptures
“All Scripture is God-breathed..."
2 Timothy 3:16–17; cf., John 3:31-36; John 6:63; John 14:26; John 17:3, 17; Romans 1:1-6, 16-17; 1 Corinthians 2:1-16; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14; 2 Peter 1:20–21; Hebrews 4:12-13. As for the commentaries I post and refer to; with much gratitude, as they have done for me, it is my hope and prayer that they serve to edify all who read them.

Shalom, beccaj
_____________________